NAME: TAIWO GLORIA OLUWAKEMI
DEPARTMENT: BIOLOGY EDUCATION
MATRIC NO: 2011/1/0024BE
'COURSE TITLE: 'INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES IN STM
CODE: STM 312.
METHODS OF TEACHING SCIENCE
1. Demonstration Method: This is the method of teaching through example or experiments. A demonstration may be used to prove a fact through a combination of usual evidence and associated reasoning.
2. Lecture Method: This is the process of teaching by giving spoken explanations of the subject that is to be learned. Lecturing is often accompanied by visual aids to help students visualize an object or problem.
3. Teaching Method: This method involves students assume the role of a teacher and teach their peers. Students who teac…
Read more >
NAME:10 locally made instructional materials used in teaching scienceRead more >
NAME: ONI OLUBUKOLA AINA
DEPT: PHYSICS EDUCATION
MATRIC NO: 2011/1/0007PE
ASSIGNMENT: 10 locally made instrutional materials that can be improvised to teach science.
Imported materials Local materials
1. Stop watch Sand glass timer
2. Calculator Abacus or four figure table
3. Biro or pen Feathers & ink pot
4. Filter paper Cloth or cotton wool
5. Calorimeter Empty tin milk
6. Eletric bob light Candle light
7. Microscope Magnifying lens
8. Friction inclined plane Smooth wood with metal block
9. Iron filings Metal shavings
10.Weighing scale Weighing balance Read more >
NAME: AWOLOTO OLADIMEJI OPEYEMI
MATRIC NO : 2011/1/0010BE
DEPARTMENT : BIOLOGY DEPT.
LEVEL: 300 LEVEL.
COURSE TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES IN STM
COURSE CODE : STM 312
NAME OF LECTURER : MRS. JENNIFER
PROJECT TITLE : Teaching methods and lesson plan in teaching science, ( biology).
PROJECT PART 1.
TEACHING METHODS IN SCIENCE.
Science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge. This system uses observation and experimentation to describe and explain natural phenomenon. Science also refers to the organized body of knowledge, using that system. Less formally, the word "science" often describes any systematic field of study or the knowledge gained from it.
There are various ways or methods used in teaching science, whic…Read more >