- http://www.nexusforchange.org - check out the list of people associated with this conference. One item that caught my eye was training for "large group interventions." -- seems like this is what might be needed for some of our schools :)
The following is from this page which discusses it in depth: http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/issues/educatrs/leadrshp/le700.htm Some of the "behaviors" of transformational leaders—applicable in both educational and business settings—may include the following:
- Identifying and articulating an organizational vision.
- Fostering acceptance of group goals.
- Having high performance expectations.
- Providing appropriate models.
- Providing intellectual stimulation.
- Developing a strong school culture (Lashway, Mazzarella, & Grundy, 1995, pp. 60-62)
- A strong sense of moral purpose.
- An understanding of the dynamics of change.
- An emotional intelligence as they build relationships.
- A commitment to developing and sharing new knowledge.
- A capacity for coherence making