What do you want Heads to know about technology? Also See: Essential Questions for PGP based on NAIS Principles of Good Practice.
- Read and implement the NAIS reports on the role of technology within schools especially as regards globalization, critical thinking skills, sustainability, etc.
- In the next 10-20 years it's not about teachers learning new technologies, it's about teachers developing new and creative curricula to take advantage of the new tools.
- Play a video game with a student... this is the first generation who are not learning the games they play from the previous generation
- Consider creating an individualized learning plan for every student and a dynamic database that tracks and reports on all of their progress and allows teachers and other adults to comment on the student's work over time
*Focus on technology, a project-based rather than skill-based
- Students and teachers often have inconsistent expectations of technology use—we need to bridge the gap
- Role of Web 2.0 in our schools. Students as creators with a global audience. Using these tools for education instead of blocking them. Teachers as learners.