Robert (2 years into a tablet implementation)
- If students buy the computers, you lose some control.
- Anti-virus is a must. Student buy the antivirus from the school
- Tell kids not to use peer-to-peer programs (like LimeWire) that eat up bandwidth
- Symphonix network appliance will help manage bandwidth
- Student are "more enthused" about being in class
- Kids took home eggs for two weeks to take care of, before being given a tablet.
- More storage issues
- LoJack for laptops: computrace, safeware