1. Technology Operations and Concepts- teachers will demonstrate a sound understanding of technology operations and concepts including: demonstrating introductory knowledge, skills, and understanding of concepts related to technology and demonstrating continual growth in technology knowledge and skill to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies.
2. Planning and Designing Learning Environments and Experiences- teacher will plan and design effective learning environments and experiences supported by technology including: designing developmentally appropriate learning opportunities that apply technology-enhanced instructional strategies to support the diverse needs of learners, applying current research on teaching and learning with technology when planning learning environments and experiences, identifying technology resources and evaluate them for accuracy and suitability, planning for the management of technology resources within the context of learning activities, and planning strategies to manage student learning in a technology-enhanced environment.
3. Teaching, Learning, and the Curriculum- teachers implement curriculum plans that include methods and strategies for applying technology to maximize student learning including: facilitating technology-enhanced experiences that address content standards and student technology standards, using technology to support learner-centered strategies that address the diverse need of students, applying technology to develop students' higher order skills and creativity, managing student learning activities in a technology-enhanced environment.
4. Assessment and Evaluation- teachers apply technology to facilitate a variety of effective assessment and evaluation strategies including: applying technology in assessing student learning of subject matter using a variety of assessment techniques, using technology resources to collect and analyze data, interpret results, communicate finding to improve instructional practice and maximize student learning, applying multiple methods of evaluation to determine students' appropriate use of technology resources for learning, communication, and productivity.
5. Productivity and Professional Practice- teachers use technology to enhance their productivity and professional practice including: using technology resources to engage in ongoing professional development and lifelong learning, continually evaluating and reflecting on professional practice to make informed decisions regarding the use of technology in support of student learning, apply technology to increase productivity, using technology to communicate and collaborate with peers, parents, and the larger community in order to nurture student learning.
6. Social, Ethical, Legal, and Human Issues- teachers understand the social, ethical, legal, and human issues surrounding the use of technology in PK-12 schools and apply that understanding in practice including: modeling and teach legal and ethical practice related to technology use, applying technology resources to enable and empower learners with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, and abilities identifying and use technology resources that affirm diversity.