- Tell us a little about yourself.
- This is an educational environment. In what ways do you think our technology needs might differ from those of the environment in which you currently work?
- What is it about this position that interests you?
- If I were to visit your last place of employment or education, how would the co-workers, staff, or colleagues describe you?
- When and why do people come to you for help?
- Tell us 3 strengths and weaknesses.
- In your view, what qualities do you possess which make you successful?
- What is your philosophy of, and approach to, leadership?
- What kind of atmosphere would you like to create surrounding school technology use?
- Describe a project or program that you have administered about which you feel proud.
- How do you see your role in relation to, and build collaborative relationships with, teachers, administrators, parents, etc?
- When working in teams, what role do you often take?
- Tell us about a conflict you've had, and how you dealt with it.
- How would you test and troubleshoot technology problems?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what one application or web site would you want to have access to and why?
- What is your philosophy regarding the filtering of internet sites?
- We have a multi-platform environment, with a desire to provide opportunities for students and staff to use various devices. All staff and students will have email accounts. How does your background and experience apply specifically to our environment?
- What kind of changes do you feel will happen in schools and in media centers in the coming years?
- What do you see as the most powerful new technologies being introduced now?
- What will your job will be like ideally in five years? Answer honestly in ways that both fit your teaching style and personality as well as what you think is best for the students and teachers you serve. How will the media center be different than what it is now? What new resources and services might it offer? How will the skills you teach be different? How will the methods use to teach them be different? Under what conditions would a child come to the media center?
Links to Other Interview QuestionsEdit