Title: ICT Support Technician
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with hardware (computers and audio-visual (AV) equipment), printers, digital cameras, Video Projectors etc.
- Basic knowledge of structured cabling, Linux, and Novell operating system.
- Understanding of networked environments.
- Able to communicate basic instructions and information in written and spoken English.
- Able to understand and act on written and spoken requests and questions in English.
- Comfortable working in multi-cultural environment with non-Portuguese speakers.
- Comfortable working occasionally with children.
- Two years technical support experience.
- Able to work with individuals with a range of technological expertise in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to remain calm and supportive with users in the midst of a technology "crisis".
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and punctual.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Reports to and is evaluated by ICT Support Manager
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain all end-user ICT and AV equipment at Graded
- Assure accurate inventory of ICT equipment.
- Assist with other areas of the Information and Communication Technology department as requested.
Description of Duties:
- Triage, resolve, document and, if necessary, escalate ICT support requests to assure timely resolution and accurate record keeping.
- Maintain Help Desk records and provide monthly reports of Help Desk activity and resolution.
- Schedules daily work based on Help Desk requests and preventative maintenance needs.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of computers and software in Help Desk.
- Assure complete and accurate records of support and ICT inventory.
- Provide initial on-site computer troubleshooting.
- Provides AV equipment support.
- Unpacks, configures, inventories, images, and installs new computer peripherals.
- Installs and tests software updates as directed.
- Maintains ICT Department storage areas securely and orderly.
- Schedules and performs preventive maintenance on computer systems.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in end-user events, as appropriate, i.e. client training.
- Other duties as assigned.