For purchasing advice, see: Digital Camera Recommendations
For purchasing digital video cameras, see: Purchasing Digital Video Cameras
- Take pictures for student portfolios.
- Take pictures for parent-teacher conferences that show a student's strengths/weaknesses
- Take pictures of theme days, celebrations, awards, and field trips for a school or class yearbook.
- Illustrate projects.
- Create writing prompts, presentations, and displays.
- Capture demonstrations of concepts for subject areas.
- Record role-playing, book reports, reader’s theater, dramatizations, and reenactments.
- Illustrate vocabulary words.
- Monitor changes in the weather and the emergence of butterflies from their chrysalises.