Building A Digital Library for both you and your students will provide a good basis for success in schoolwork.
- Multireference disk Microsoft's Bookshelf contains a concise dictionary, encyclopedia, atlas, thesauras, book of quotations, and chronology on a single CD-ROM.
- Encyclopedia The Grolier Mulitmedia Encyclopedia is my choice because it provides excellent hypertext searching tools and many illustrations.
- Image Collections Most students when working on writing papers, history and science projects need a collection of maps that can be modified such as those in atlases. The software below are good ways to explore images.
- Digital Verical Filehttp://coldfusion.mcps.k12.md.us/cfms/webteam/dvf/
- Titles from National Geographic: Mammals: A Multimedia Encyclopedia; Picture Atlas of the Worls; The Presidents: A Picture History of Our Nation
- Photo collections from Corel: disks are available on different countries, animals, parks, important cities, and a variety of other topics
- Media Clip's Worldview:an art gallery of images from all over the world