Also see: Director of Educational Technology
Title: Academic Technology Coordinator Lower or Upper (middle and high) School.
- Masters degree in Educational Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of classroom teaching experience in a homeroom or core subject at the specific division (lower or upper school).
- Minimum of 3 years experience using current and emerging technologies to support learning.
Reports to and is evaluated by:
Overview of Responsibilities
In collaboration with librarians and media specialist, lead teachers and students in:
- Knowing how changes in the world affect our understanding and practice of information and collaboration literacy
- Effectively using current and emerging technologies for information and collaboration literacy within the curriculum and all academic areas.
- Support teachers, students, and division administrators in effective use of current and emerging technologies.
Description of Duties:
- Develop, implement, assess, and follow up with continuous improvements in the Information and Collaboration Literacy Curriculum K-12 in collaboration with the Libraries, ICT Director and School Principals.
- Support teachers in embedding the Information and Collaboration Literacy guidelines as part of their core curricula.
- Work with teachers and students to develop and embed current and emerging technologies that support information and collaboration literacy.
- Seek out and regularly inform teachers of appropriate global professional development opportunities.
- Encourage and support and teacher and student experimentation with current and emerging services and technology.
- Enable teachers’ individual use of technology.
- Continually seek, disseminate and implement new technologies and methods for teaching and learning.
- Use current research in collaboration and technology to guide decisions.
- Make and support technology-related purchasing recommendations during the budget cycle based on teacher needs and assist teachers with their technology-related budget requests.
- Coordinate shared duties with other Academic Technology Coordinators.
- Oversee and coordinate all academic technology systems, services, and labs in the division and document policies and procedures.
- Supervise the division IT assistant.
- Actively participate as member of the Information and Communication Technology Department.
- Other duties as assigned.