Connecting Outside the Walls
Back to AIMS Retreat 2007 home page.
Please note: These are just the threads. This does not indicate the schedule of when these sessions take place.
Sessions are as follows: D-Directed, P-Panel, F-Facilitated
Thread: Leadership (A Sessions)Edit
- A Hard Day's Night:AIMS07 Managing the 24/7 Classroom and all the associated issues - F -Charmaine Thompson, SFS, has agreed to facilitate.
- Field of Dreams:AIMS07 What is the vision, mission and principles of best practices – F -
- Snakes on a Plane:AIMS07 Disaster preparedness – P - Susan Stadnik ? (Norwood), Rachel Jackson (SFS), ?
- The Conversation:AIMS07 Effective and Appropriate communications -F - Karen Dodge and Sharon Guyton (GCS)
Thread: IT/Networking (B Sessions)Edit
- Apocalypse Now:AIMS07 Disaster Recovery - D - David Rossell
- Days of Skype and Perpich:AIMS07 Video conferencing, technical aspects - D - Jenni Voorhees and Jon Zeljo (from off site)
- From Here to Eternity:AIMS07 Supporting the growth in the global classroom - F -
- How Green Was my Vista:AIMS07 Transitioning to Vista – D or P - Matt Castanera (Beauvoir), Henry Dunning (Bryn mawr)
Thread: Teaching (C Sessions)Edit
- AIMS07 Learning management systems - Michele Moore
- Braveheart:AIMS07 Teaching in the virtual classroom – F - Adrian LaRochelle (Bryn Mawr)
- Inspector Gadget:AIMS07 Classroom management of mobile devices – P - Marc Schmidt (GCS)
- AIMS07 Intro to Web 2.0 – David Warlick
Thread: Library/Media Specialist (D Sessions)Edit
- The Matrix:AIMS07 All-school research process, how to develop ethical and independent researchers – P - Anne Mcdonnell, St. Andrew's School
- Back to the Future:AIMS07 Information landscape: past, present and future – F -
- Two for the Road:AIMS07 Library and technical coordinators – the dynamic Duo – P - Patt Moser (SFS US Librarian and Director of Information Services) panelist; Marilyn Meyerson (Key School, Head of Libraries and Technology)
- Stayin' Alive: AIMS07 What do you do to remain current – P - Renee Hawkins (GFS), Mona Miller
Thread: Miscellaneous (E Sessions)Edit
- Lower School is a Many Splendored Thing:AIMS07 Sharing the best projects in lower school (p-5) – F - Lydia Crooks, Key School LS computer coordinator
- AIMS07 Book: Don’t Bother Me,Mom--I’m Learning! - F - Marlene Sclar
- Splendor in the Class:AIMS07 Connected students: how to take advantage of it or is it just too much – F - David Withrow - http://www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/lessons/20061106monday.html
- Close Encounters:AIMS07 Collaboration: teaching partnerships - P -
Miscellaneous Notes & Links
Read "The Overconnecteds" in the NY Times from 11/5/06 for a description of this phenomena.
For the schedule of when these sessions will happen, please see: AIMS Retreat 2007 Sessions Schedule.
To compare to last year's sessions, see: AIMS Retreat 2006 Sessions.